Thursday, August 16, 2012

Meet Me on Rainbow Bridge (Goodbye Red Dog)




He'll be there on Rainbow Bridge. 

 I know it.  He will be waiting for me.


He will give me hugs and kisses.  Then we will play perfect freestyle canine disc into eternity. I will be young and strong again.  You will be peaceful and focused.  I love you, Red Dog.  I will love you forever.




Red disappeared about a week ago.  We freaked out. We searched for him.  We visited all the shelters and put flyers up.  We worried.  We cried.  We wondered.  We couldn't figure out what happened.  He had run away before, but never farther than the neighbors house.

Today (four days later) we found him in the back yard.  He was hidden deep in some bushes.  It looked like he had lied down and fallen asleep, never to awaken again.  Perhaps he ate something.  Perhaps he was bitten by a poisonous spider.  Perhaps he choked on something.  Perhaps he just died of natural causes.  I don't know.

I had walked him that morning.  He was doing so well on a leash, which was a major accomplishment for him.

My friend is gone.  I am grieving for him.  There is nothing I can do to bring him back.  But I know that I gave him a great life, a loving home and the best care possible.  

Jimmyjumpnjive

Jimmyjumpnjive is devoted to peace, love and puppies.  An old furry, an ent, an aged hippy freak with nothing but a song of love in his heart.  

Jimmyjumpnjive on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/Jimmyjumpnjive

Play and have fun.  Party with friends.  

A SUPER COOL VIDEO
Musical Chairs for Dogs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIDXLJLvZcY

Animal rescue and fosters rule my world.  Make the world a better place bit by bit, act by act, word by word, deed by deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment