Friday, September 14, 2012

Red Dog Battles the Hose Monster (Dumb Dog Trick #289)


DUMB DOG TRICK #289
RED DOG BATTLES THE HOSE MONSTER


They say that Border Collies are the smartest dogs in the world.  I guess "they" never met my little Red Dog.

Red Dog was smart, but more devious than genius.  He was also super nervous and neurotic ... sort of like a canine Woody Allen.  When I used to do shows with him, I would have the announcer ask if there was a "Doggy Psychiatrist" in the house.  Why? Because Red Dog was a little crazy.

I tried playing frisbee with Red Dog.  Actually, he was my performance or show dog for almost two years, but he was never entirely reliable.  He would have good shows and bad shows ... but his anxieties got the better of him and he started shutting down when he was asked to perform in public.

He was good at disc.  He could do all the tricks.  The problem was that he had total stage fright.

When he started refusing on me, I had no choice but to retire him and look for another dog.  But that left me with the world's cutest dog and no job for that dog to do.  That's why I started doing Youtube ... it was so that Red Dog would have a hobby -- comedy and acting.

Red Dog wasn't good at the stuff most dogs are good at ... but he was the best at sitting pretty for a treat, wearing funny hats and costumes, and having his picture taken.  I made a lot of videos about Red Dog, and he was the best dog at making videos.

Since late 2008 I have taken tons of video of Red Dog.  As he recently passed away, I am going back through my digital archives to see what projects I may have started or thought about over that time ... sort of so that I can show the world how much I loved this little fellow, so I can look back years from now and remember him, so that everyone can know the love I had for him.

Jimmyjumpnjive 2012

CLICK HERE FOR THE STUNT DOG PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment