Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lady Bug Swim Lesson (Dumb Dog Trick #282)



I really hope other people enjoy this video and find the peace and joy that was my precious little Red Dog, stunt dog extraordinaire, during his time on Earth.

This is my first dumb dog trick video with Red Dog posthumously.  Soul Brother Red Dog kicking it on the interwebs from beyond the grave.  

I should brag about Red Dog for a bit.  He was the only "pure bred" dog I have ever owned.    He was freaking gorgeous.  Red Dog was first on television as a little handful of a pup in Spokane, Washington, in 2006 or 2007 to promote a regional disc dog event.

The first digital video I ever took of Red involved him barking and attacking our television set.  This video ended up being included as one of the added features in the DVD release of the movie Marley and Me.  Yes, Red was a challenging dog like Marley.  Honestly and truly.  He won a contest for dogs who were professional pains in the ass.

One video of Red in particular -- him attacking our vacuum cleaner -- has been used for a lot of different internet and television contests and stuff.  Recently our Youtube Channel registered total views of over one million. 

It's difficult to imagine what Hippy Dippy Entertainment will do without our little star, Red.  We miss you buddy.  We feel your love in air as we remember you. 

Together we will ride the wind forever.

Jimmyjumpnive  click to see what I'm saying.

Red Dog needed an occupation and I decided that he would be an animal comedian.  The Jimmyjumpnjive Youtube Channel was born in December of 2008.  At first it featured Stupid Dog Tricks, which have since evolved into a series known as Dumb Dog Tricks.  

In late 2008 I took an old, cheap laptop and a cheap camera and created a really tripped out video entitled, "I am the Red Wolf."  This video was my first commercial video sale through the Currenttv VCAM program in a campaign known as the Microsoft PC Hookup Campaign.  Red and I got to be on Justintv with Christian Lander and Felicia Day. I believe that Ben Huh was interviewed on one of the other episodes of this show.

The funds from selling the video were used to purchase equipment for Hippy Dippy Entertainment -- a refurbished Canon video camera, a green screen set up, and an iMac.  I made tons of videos for contests.  I made documentaries or bio-mentary videos about places, events and things.  

Soul Buddy lives on through the interwebs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment