Thursday, April 26, 2012

Eating Glasses (Dumb Dog Trick #277)




You walk into the kitchen and what do you see?  Chewed up household items!

What, that doesn't happen to you too?  Happens to me more times than I like to admit.

Zoozoo can gain access to the kitchen garbage with a push of her nose.  It gets too tempting for her when it gets full.  But nothing prepared me for a chewed up glass.

So, she made me an art present, right?  Chewed holes in a plastic cup with surgical precision so that I can make a necklace out of it.

It's like why, why would a dog do this?  And I'm like, who cares why, how can I make her do more stuff like this?  Gonna get this bronzed.  Call me Proud Daddy.

I collected glassware for years.  I have lots of collectible glasses.  But I drink out of cheap plastic cups, and I use those cups until they are completely and totally unusable.

Yeah, well the plastic cups and some of my favorite comfort glassware, like mason jars for drinking juice, like just some garage sale stuff that's pretty funky.  Fireking especially.  About half our kitchenware never sees the inside of the dishwasher.  I got some funky coffee cups, thank you very much.  A funky cup makes cafe taste so much better.

When you use vintage stuff on a daily basis you will have breakage, but it's worth it to appreciate a finely made Russell Wright serving platter, a Coors pottery coffee cup, or an arrangement of flowers in an oversized Red Wing vase.

Peace and Love and Household Goods

Jimmyjumpnjive April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment