Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Middle-aged Freakout




After being in a serious car accident, I don't like riding in cars much any more.  Getting bounced around in a car is not my idea of fun. All I can think about is all the bad things that could happen and how much it would hurt to get into another accident. Still, sometimes I give in and go around with my wife.  Today we toured Enumclaw and the Muskleshoot Indian firework stands on the way out there.

It was okay.  We took some pictures. There's a cool organic butcher out there.  It was okay.  The ground beef was ground 10 minutes before we bought it.

My wife darling wife and I asked for the "baby fireworks" because we don't like big dangerous stuff for our "little" boys (ages 14 and 20).  So we got the little tanks and fire engines and stuff that skids across the ground and shoots sparks ... uh, yeah, the fireworks firetruck shoots flames and sparks to put the fire out, yeah. Yeah.  Really. I don't get it either.  We thought the big tank had it out for us.  It just turned right at us as if we were about to be sprayed with stinging explosive stingy stuff.


But it's hot as hell and you're middle aged
and you're really freaking out
on the fourth of july

No comments:

Post a Comment