Thursday, March 15, 2012

Awesome Dog Trick




Julian and Dodger performing indoors.  Dodger is getting up in years, but can still kick it with the young dogs.  I would call the first trick a "back vault mouth toss."  The second trick is a more traditional "leap in arms," which this team does a really nice job of.

This was at the Seattle Kennel Club dog show in Seattle in March of 2012.  It's a little bit odd because our group WOOFD2 (Washington Owners of Flying Disc Dogs) is all about rescue and foster, but the kennel club is breeders.  Anyway, it was an indoor gig and it was a lot of fun.  Met some cool people too!

This video was made on my iPhone as I was madly dashing about announcing and performing with my dog.  I edited the video on iMovie, then tweaked it further in Final Cut Pro X.

Iphone 4s Review:  decent image quality, given that I shot it with backlighting (see that gargantuan window on the left) that wanted to heaving darken out the rest of the image.  I had some trouble finding the buttons on the camera and recording when I thought I was recording, but that will come in time.

The sound was awesome that day, no copyrighted music to worry about, just a voice and crowed reaction.  I really wish I had caught more video.

The backlighting issue was resolved in Final Cut Pro X, where I color balanced the video and tweaked it bring up he detail in the floor and the audience.  It looked bad before I did that, but it looks pretty good now.

The slow motion segments are at 60%.  Yeah, 80% would have given me a better frame rate (24 fps rather 18 fps) so that's why there's some streaking lines through the slo mo.

I was also really glad to catch some nice video of J and Dodger, because they have been my friends for a number of years.

Peace and love,

Jimmyjumpnive

No comments:

Post a Comment