Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Honering" Your Mother on Mother's Day …



Bad spelling looks bad enough on a sheet of paper, but it's a lot worse when your inability to spell is displayed in large letters on a big sign on a busy intersection in front your church.  

But it does beg that question, what is "honering?"  It sort of sounds like an adult activity involving a harmonica, doesn't it?

The unfortunate part is this was the local church's big Mother's Day sign, which leaves lots of room for idiots like me to make rude jokes about "honering your mother…"  I don't know much about Presbyterians or how they worship.  Okay, I think they meant HONORING … but you never know. 

Signs are weird things.  Sometimes they tell us what to do, sometimes they us what not to do.  Sometimes, though, signs that tells us not to do something bad might actually plant the seed of trespassing in a far garden of the mind.  Yes, the sign below makes me want to go beyond the warming sign.  Perhaps I should write a novel, "The other side of the warning sign."  But if I spelled like the guy who does the sign at the church, I think it would say, "The other side of the warming sign."  



Have you seen a funny sign?  Send it to me.  I love funny signs.
Mike McKenzie © 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment