Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Service Poodle

A Poodle, trained as a service dog.
A photo from the Portland Pet Expo, October 6, 2012 in Portland, Oregon.  I wish I would have had more time to talk with this lady about her dog, but time just wouldn't allow it.  I enjoy pet expos because I get to see dogs of all types but especially because I get to see service dogs in action.  My understanding in talking to people that a dog that serves a person in a wheel chair is generally called a "chair dog."  I also have been told that a request for a chair dog may take years to be filled.  Despite the agonizing wait, a service dog may make a world of difference in a disabled person's life, providing valuable assistance and companionship.  Jimmyjumpnjive 2012

CLICK HERE TO SEE 
on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL

No comments:

Post a Comment